Thursday, July 17, 2008

Like sai

I woke up having the crappiest mood. It happens. I hate it when it happens and crappiest becomes crappiest-est.

Gooly was hungry so I got down to fix breakfast. He was totally oblivious about my foul mood, despite the 'black wok' face. That's the thing with him. He is always happy and chirpy. He wanted a cheese and ham sandwich. With tomato sauce. Served in his green plastic plate. It is actually a typical routine, him deciding things that he can decide. But Mahmee got up from the wrong side of the bed, remember? So irritated she was with all the decisiveness of a three year old.

So I served the sandwich to his royal highness (sarky mahmee on bad days)and he wanted his plastic knife and fork.

"Why do you need a knife and fork? Just grab the sandwich in your hands and eat!"

He got down from his chair and went to the kitchen to get the utensils himself.

"FINE! Go cut up your own sandwich! You naughty boy! Never listen to mahmee."

He couldn't cut yet. So he said in a small voice, "Can you help, mahmee.. I can't do it."

"Why are you so stubborn? Why is it so hard to eat with your hands?" *start cutting sandwich as though slicing up a cadaver. "There! It's all cut up! Look.. it's like sai! Happy?"

Bad mahmmee.... bad mahmee......

Of course he wasnt happy. Tears welled up, and he turned away and sob silently.

Bad mahmee.. bad mahmee....

And then I thought, "Damn it, what's so hard with cutting up the sandwich for him?"

I felt sooooo bad. More so that he didn't throw a tantrum or retaliate. He just soaked up whatever thrash I threw his way.

Bad mahmee.. bad mahmee..

I hugged him, and said sorry. I hit my own hand and said,"Naughty mahmee.. Say mean things." My gooly kissed my hand. That angel is so forgiving. It was my turn to cry. He put his hand near my mouth and said, "Spit the 'sai' word out." I kkkktui out the baaaad word and he chucked it away. No more 'sai' word used inappropriately in this house EVER AGAIN!

I'm sorry, gooly. Thanks for teaching mahmee a lesson.

5 comments:

tasy said...

gooly, i help you *beat on mahmee's butts*

there, gooly, your mahmee repents and swear will make and cut your sandwiches in little love shapes and watever shapes you want from now on till you said enough...

Children exists to teach us life's best lessons, and take revenge on behalf of our parents (for that's how we give trouble to them when we were young too, yeah?)

Have a nice Thursday!

goolypop said...

Gargies, oi kum meh?? *soak butt in hot water*

But mahmee so deserved it.. :(

Anonymous said...

yah, we learn alot from our children also hor.. they pick up our vibration very quickly, more so than adult... he he

mistipurple said...

thanks for putting tears in my eyes...

Anonymous said...

haha..remember, what we adults do, the kids will follow.. imagine gooly in his later years asking mahmee to cheak sai.. :)
how i wish when my kids were young, i hv blogs like this.. now i can only blog about them at their teens..not so cute anymore.. now i need to go thru their censorboard first.. ha ha

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background