Monday, May 14, 2012

Goolly telling me a joke

The other day, a friend was telling how someone is getting a divorce but still had to fake smiles for her daughters to hide her pain. I do not know if I am capable of that, smiling when I really want to cry. I think I am more "show and tell" type. I was not entirely sure so I asked Gooly if I had ever told him that I am sad. He said, no I haven't but he can always tell from my face. Wise words of a 7 year old. So that confirms that i do not have a poker face.

So what do people do when they are not in a chirpy mood, I asked, just for the heck of it.

"Sometimes they just want to be alone," he suggested.

I nodded in agreement.

"Sometimes I can tell you jokes to cheer you up..." he offered.

I grinned and teased, "But your jokes are not always funny."

"Oh ya? Hear this." He whipped up a joke from nowhere - "A hamburger walked into a bar.."

A WHAT???

Walked into a WHAT??? Did he say BAR??? My 7 year old is telling bar jokes?? Already??(strange, he hasnt met sinkar for a while already. Where did he learn that joke from)

I was lost in my thoughts for that few seconds and suddenly was jolted by his epiloque of "why arent you laughing? Where is your sense of humour?"

Ok, and then I laughed.

And i said I didnt get his joke. Something about a hamburger in a BAR...Gosh! Was it even a dirty joke? He refused to re-tell it. Tsk!

But yeah..I suppose he will make me laugh when I am sad. He probably did in the past. But now i can be sure.

Say...Hmm..maybe it was "a hamburger walked in with a bra.."

2 comments:

BoeyJoey said...

Hahaha!!! Adui... I'm laughing at your hamburger and bra la!

Your post reminds me of one joke that QQ told sometime ago... better note it down before i forget :-)

tasy said...

MUAHAHAHOHOHUHUHU...

a bra walked into a hambugger!!! who would have thought of THAT!!!

crazy funny shit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background