Thursday, April 30, 2009

Xeroxed

The moment my ah bu set her eyes upon Gooly, she was shocked!

"A 'peng yan' of his papah!" She reckoned everything was from the same cookie mold. Gooly's eyes, nose and lips uncannily resembled his papah's.

When we had the full moon party, friends also expressed major amazement, "Walau, look like his father leh." and then there were some who seemed to be in utter disbelief, "Oh my gawd, how can be so same?"

My ah bu still finds it funny that every inch of Gooly contains a little gene of Papahs's. The way he walks, they way he stands, eats, sits.. his posture, basically, is a mini version of his father's. It would seem like this observation is universal.

However, papah dissents. He thinks Gooly is an individual, who looks like himself. And when it comes to Gooly's misbehaviors, he would shrewdly point an accusal finger at me, stating that my 'kns' attitude is dominant.

Meanwhile, I was some-what apathetic about his look-like-who appearance though I kidded a lot that only his fingernails are like mine.

And then something happened...

Gooly was drawing on a piece of paper. He was concentrating on the details of his submarine. And then I saw IT!

..his protuding lips! OMG! Papah protudes his lips too when deep in thoughts! Haha!

.. and he likes to 'kopek' his toenails, just like his papah! Double haha! But he hasn't discover the skill of piling the dead skins and cells at the corner of the table. When that happens, there will be Petronas Twin Towers (one from him, one from his papah. How endearing!) at hidden corners of my home.

... and both of them talk as if loud speakers are attached to their mouths. You don't want to be seen with them at libraries.

If this trend continues, I think there will come a day when I see Gooly shaking his legs. Hoho.... Papah is very very very famous for this uncouth habit. During his first meeting with my ahpa, he was exhibiting his 'elvis' leg shaking movement. And my ahpa did advise him against it, because 'money will all get shaken away.' *gasp*

Alas, he didn't shake the habit away. With a toothpick in between his jaws while shaking, I dare say he is haughty looking.

Is Gooly doomed to have this same trait?

Or even worse..the other trait that involves nostrils and fingers and the public. Go figure.

Gooly, come... OHM~~~~~~ I am departing my demure genes to you. Saudoemoe?

13 comments:

tasy said...

tak apa le.. only worry is to find a mini mahmee now. now, that would be rather difficult right? becoz that's only 1 mahmee like her in this universe.

(p/s: nice fake comments week; tag kautim!)

Reanaclaire said...

wei..papah means yr hubby ? or yr papah? if like yr hubby, ching seong ma.. if not, then u be in deep shit!...
hey, something wrong with my blogspot blogroll..normally will update me when my blogger writes new posts.. how come the the bugger left u out?

Raynebow said...

Gooly papah must be damn shiok to have a peng-yan son la! Every father wants his son to look/behave like him mah! Now go and work on your peng-yan daughter la ;-)

goolypop said...

GG,

par hau looong gor yau ah, sui poh... Lei, mock tham sin!

goolypop said...

claire oh claire.. fr day one, the loeharng, aka mmy loe kung aka my loe sai is papah maaaaaaa. MY own loe tau i call Ah pa.. My loe ma ji, I call ah bu. Myself is...lenglui..Are we clear now? :P

Pasal the update one.. ask GG n see..she today very clever.

goolypop said...

raynebow, ya kaa? True also, if dotter like father, son like mother, appearance wise, so OUT hoh.

Yaudoelei... everybody so clever today. No wonder sinkar is not here. :P

The Seasonal One said...

Must be really amusing to find all this traits. I do see some bad habits taken up by my kids too. Can stop them, if possible. hahaha

mistipurple said...

lol. happy may day!

Sinkar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sinkar said...

what's wrong with putting the nostrils inside the public in fingers?

goolypop said...

EW, really want them to 'shake' the bad habits away hoh..literally speaking. haha.

goolypop said...

misti...yay! may may! May may may!:P

goolypop said...

Mr comment deleted, you come again? Wear spectacle so wont type long message k.o?

Mr sinkar genius, i am not saying its not 'right'.. i am just saying, it's 'left'. Left/right and wrong you also kenot differentiate. (tis is a very sophisticated explanation)..

Digging the public nostril with his finger, right or wrong?

Public digging his nose with their fingers, right or left?

Go figure..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background