Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I am not worthy at times

The person I didn’t marry

.. is expressive. “I love you forever, I love you ever day” are uttered when deemed necessary and excessively

… is quick to apologize. It doesn’t matter who is at fault

… is chivalric. He holds my hand when descending the stairs or when crossing a street, albeit a less busy one

...shares quite an amount of house chores with zero complaints

… appreciates my experimental culinary skill

… says I am pretty whenever I have a change of clothes (pajamas included)

… forgives the moment I offer a hug. Retributions are never part of his plan

... promises a better future for me where a laser eye surgery is in store

… sympathizes along when I grimace in pain or agony

… offers kisses and hugs aplenty

This person I didn’t walk down the aisle with.

I just gave birth to him.

Very often we have been told of unyielding maternal love. Speaking for myself, I think it’s a bit over-rated. Mothers are subjected to pendular mood swings due to their commitment and loyal patronage to the sanitary pads industry. We scream and yell at little children at the flick of annoyance.

Are you as guilty as I am? I am already admitting my slavery condition. My hormones are my master. I am merely a marionette at their whims.

On the other hand, have we quite forgotten a child is capable of loving equally as much, or perhaps, more? Children don’t quite get the credit they deserve.

My Gooly, for example, hugs me even after an undeserving deadly stare from me. He also kisses me even after a hard and yet again, undeserving smack at the bottom. In other words, Gooly loves me, even though evidently I don’t deserve it at times.

Sure, there will come a time when I will have to take a back seat when he finds other prettier maidens.But frankly, I feel I am already blessed to have received his early years of uncompromising love.

Have you thought about how your child loves you of late? Time for a bit of self-reflection..

8 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

sob..sobbbb... reading this made me so sad.. i dont have this treatment before with my kids... have i done something not right?

tasy said...

of course!!! no competition there mah. only you and him alone all day, all night, all week.. how not to entertain himself with the professes of undying love?

wait till he goes to kindy.. with all the lenglui teachers and the 2 ponytails girls..

Winn said...

hou kum thong ar...
*hugs liucas the god-sent monster*

gee, now i got saliva all over..-.-

tasy said...

deng! have to agree with winn.. this post is really quite "thaiiiii gum toong yan laaa", having a son that age is really quite flattering, showers of love which makes the legs go weak, i do agree.

goolypop said...

claire, perhaps you didnt hit them enough? Bwahahahha!

goolypop said...

GG, better make sure he doesnt go to meimei's school..she always two pony tail wan!

goolypop said...

winn,

gum thung hug dog wan meh?

PS! PS! Where are you????? Miss chance to pook moong lerr..

goolypop said...

gg, i can't help but think your comment is slightly 18sx. :P

Knees go weak? bwahahhaha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background