Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Updates n more..

*Connection
The line is still kaputz. Initially I was told the wireman would come within days upon abandoning my old, untrustworthy, streamyx-evil twin line. Days have turned into weeks. I have since dusted the wardrobe, washed the balconies, colour-coordinated my Paris collection and arranged the canned food in alphabetical order. MIL would have been so proud.


*Songkran
The mood has been some-what sombre this week despite the festive celebration. It's of course due to you-know-what. The red and yellow colours are taboo-ed now. One morning, I donned my yellow (submarine) dress absent-mindedly, and was summoned to change before leaving the house. My newly acquired red dress will remain in the hidden corner of the cabinet for a while, I guess.

During one of those hasty I-phone chats with Sinkar, he actually wondered how the combination of red and yellow attire will shock the locals. Trust a friend to award you such a diabolical death, eh? But I do think Ronald Macdonald is not very well-liked currently for his indecisiveness over the colour red and yellow.

I have celebrated Songkran twice prior to this. Gooly was two during the first round. We were at Jatujak. Last year, we did drive around a bit to get our car washed. Papah agreed to go on the sole proviso that he could ogle at the wet 'coyote dancers'.

This year, nothing. We went about our place, but nobody splashed or held water guns. Gooly was fairly disappointed. He was so looking forward to using his M-16.


*State of emergency
We were at Rama 2 Central Mall when we received a call from a concerned friend, asking about the situation. It seemed CNN had broad casted the news ahead of us. We looked around and concluded that people were either oblivious of the danger amounting or they couldn't care less. We were supposed to linger a while longer so we could go to the park opposite once the sun wasn't as commanding. But decided against it. We got home and started to stay-glued to the news.

While in the car, Papah announced that we had to cancel our stay at the 5 star hotel he DIDN'T book. It seemed he had planned a imaginery surprise. I played along and lamented, "What a waste.." We sure do have the weirdest sense of humour.

This is the third time we experienced the effects of Thailand's political turmoils. Yes, I do get apprehensive, to say the least, mainly because we have a child with us. Papah, over-charged with testosterone stayed up a bit to watch the news, hoping for some LIVE bombing action. MEN! *roll eyes*

Yesterday, people were more relaxed and by evening, many thronged the pool for a splashing good time. I was chatting with Pinpin's mom when suddenly..

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

..gunshots were heard. Or were they explosions? We couldn't be sure. But my eyes caught a few others, and we fell silent for a moment, all deciding weather to flee or to stay put. I could sense the fear in the eyes of the older children. The younger ones got excited.. Neh, like the Gooly who went, "Got fireworks ah?"

To date, I don't know what happened but my heart did miss a beat at the loud bangs.


*Harry Potter 7
On a lighter note, I re-read HP7 and love it! The first perusal was when I was in Melbourne. Note that I said, perusal.. cause I got lost in the plot. And I remember that it got a bit draggy. The stage of internet-less has prompted me to be a book worm, in which I once was. I got the book at a 90% discount, meaning at a ridiculous price of RM5.90. The cover is tattered and worn, but it doesn't irk me at all.

I finished the book with a 'kit terng' feeling. The surfeit of HP will most likely never happen to a fan like me.

It's interesting to note that Rowling had intended Dumbledore to be gay. Hmm..?

So what's up with you people? Still jubilant about the lack of posts from yours truly? Bah!

10 comments:

tasy said...

Yay! You are back!

I got so worried about you and my bro and his family hoh.. i went to church and temple and mosque to pray for all of you. good leh..(you can repay me by giving me your new red dress, it's taboo for you!)

so, what have you been doing other than reading horny potty, clearing up all the expired canned food, wash the balcony, got missed us all anot?

me leh, i got buy airasia tiket to bkk to visit you geh, then got darurat, gomen here say play far far, avoid bkk wor. so i listen and have to burn the tiket :(

Goolyalive said...

Gg, hasn't my near death experience change ur attitude towards me? The gunshots were within 1km radius u know... (I wasn't sure but now I am!!!) dun hauju my red dress n taifu or watnots, hoe moe? In other words, I dem miss u all lorrrr!!! Got lakang not? :)

najis said...

we always welcome you back to tanahair

from a PM in a not faraway land of bumiputras

Reanaclaire said...

will pray for u... sekarang juga..
*eyes closed*
okay..done... God's protection will be upon u and yr family.. but dont go out wearing yellow or red, ok?

She musnt be named said...

Najis! Pls dun kill me!!!!

Gooly fashionista said...

Claire. Thnx. Doe hai nei jui hoe! Wear red AND yellow togeder can or not??

mistipurple said...

wah. take care. just stay out of dangerous area, you'll be okay.
close eyes and pray like reanaclaire. :P

rainbow angeles said...

sawadeeka!!

xx

Prof Intelektuel said...

whr got ppl still read HP one..? read la something intellectual, like Ujang..

Raynebow said...

Haiyah... no end to rioting in BKK wor. Just stay safe, ok!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background