Tuesday, May 6, 2008

To school or not to school

Of late we have received remarks as such: "Isn't it time to send Gooly to school?" and "How come Gooly is not in school yet?"

The more subtle suggestion will be, "There is a new school behind the soi, you know?"

The more subtle one will be, "School buses come this way, you know?"

OK.. since they told me, I have to know, right? Succumbing to pressure and curiosity, I decided to check out some international schools online. Lo and behold! I realised that you have to have ten jobs to be able to send your kids to these kind of schools. Enrollment fee alone is a hefty RM10k. Did i dare to scroll down for tuition fees? Double the amount I told you and you will get the estimation. I am not talking about a year's fees. That's for a term.

3 months.

70 odd days.

Excluding sick days.

Yes, they have a cool swimming pool but I suppose soaking in the bath tub is equally fun. They follow the British curriculum. I think I can fake Cockney English when desperate. So what they incorporate fun learning? Gooly can have fun even in the store room (Note: I don't live in Austria and the store room is not underground or padded).

At the end of the day, I have to find 10 jobs and blog for income, eat bread for eternity (not bad an idea considering my current non-ideal weight), start searching for friends who owe me 50 cents for the unpaid nasi lemak 10 years ago and start auctioning my bags.

Either that or I could keep Gooly in the house and me, insane for another year.

Do you think I can secure 10 + 1 part time jobs by next year?

Another option of course will be: PACK AND LEAVE THIS BLOOD SUCKING, THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT MY CHILD'S EDUCATION COUNTRY.

Bah! Meanwhile donations are welcome ;-)

1 comment:

sawisekilo said...

i think you better go soi 39... its the best option for you fren. you still have one year to work really hard...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background