Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Where is the cane?


A couple of weeks back, I had a sudden visceral urge to use the cane upon Gooly.

He did it.. he really did it - made my blood boil. I have boasted about his good behaviour. I have even noted that he never asked to buy any toys at the toyshops. It was too early to note, I learned.

Not only did he ask, let me rephrase that.. Not only did he BAWL for a toy, it was a GUN he wanted. In his entire life (3 years and 5 months) I have repeatedly educate him about violent games and toys and how he should not ask for one. He understood me but decided to go against the No. 1 rule on that fateful morning.

Of course, it was partly due to the presence of his kung kung. His kung kung who said, "Never mind la.. buy la..Don't cry la." At the moment, I really didn't know who to get mad at, the rascal or the err.. old man (I'm trying hard to be respectful).

After the whole dreaded drama, Mr. Gooly came back gleeful with an M16. The one that goes duuk-duuk-duuk-duuk all day long, all night long. Gawd! It was darn annoying. His victorious smiles and the duuk-duuk-duuk were tempting me to reach for the cane.

After much negotiation, we came to an agreement. No bringing weapons to the airport which we were to go the following week. OK, I admit. The officers could probably see that it's a fake a mile away, with an eye closed. But what he doesn't know, doesn't hurt him. So no guns, plastic or real on the plane or be prepared to be chased away.

We have been back here, peacefully. But I nearly recant my vows to be patient with him. This morning at the market, I looked longingly at a cane. I shrugged the urge off.

For now.

Let's see how it goes.. how my boy fares. Please do tell me it's a phase. It's just a phase that he is defying all laws and rules.

And also it's just a phase that I find the cane a necessity in the house.

Bah!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background