Tuesday, February 5, 2013

School thus far

So gooly is attending a new school. Everything is new. Schedule, teachers, friends - hamparang new. It started with a slight moan about waking up early. There was just one morning that he got up from the wrong side of the bed and refused to go..even after he had donned his uniform and was already at the school gate. *roll eyes* Did I mention that papa was in charge that morning. Epic fail. I took over and he was kicked out of the car straight into classroom.

Thereinafter every morning has been a smooth sailing one. Id say he throws in greetings and smiles too when he sees me preparing yummies for him at the kitchen. There were some forgotten homeworks but no biggie.

He doesnt particularly says he likes or dislikes this new school. We discussed about this and concluded that there are good and bad stuff at both schools. So cant complain much.

Yesterday he came home and announced two things - 1. His teacher is sick and 2. He would like to join a story telling session.

For (1) he made a card to sympathise with her teacher and hopes that she gets well soon. Everyhing was written in Mandarin. I know there were some grammatical errors. It just didnt sound right to say "everyday you shout at children until no more voice. when you are better you can talk again." Oh well..its the thought that counts. He came back and said the teacher mouthed the word "xie xie" as her throat still hurts. I'd say my boy was really kind and thoughful (and will be getting 100 for all papers marked by the said teacher).

As for (2), this isnt the first time he volunteered to 'perform'. For the record, he isnt the most articulate kind of person. He doesnt blow you away with his speech. In fact he is a bit awkward having to speak to a group of people. So I was utterly awed with his enthusiasm and guts. We practised a few rounds. I gave him some pointers about looking at the audience.. looking confident etc. I dont know if I scared him but to prevent further damage I just let loose and tell myself, "It need not to be perfect." Most important thing is he wants to do it. We can fine tune the performance if he decides speaking in public is what he is comfortable with.

So he did it! Came back with the proudest smile and proclaimed that people wanted to be his friends because he was brave enough to tell a story in front of the class. "WAH, ni jiang ku shi jen yang li hai."

Hehe. Perasan-nyer.

But yeah..I am proud. Peacock proud of you, son.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background