Thursday, August 28, 2008

Yada yada yak

You should know by now that Gooly is a chatterbox. I must have mentioned it before; it being a distinguished trait of his.

Sometimes he talks, and I listen. Other times he talks and I pretend to listen. *hangs head in shame*

But the pretending usually lasts only for seconds. 2 minutes max.. 3, on head-splitting days *head still hanging*

You know how it is? It's not like I can control it. First he yaks, and then he yaks some more.. and then his voice starts droning out, and all I can notice is his mouth open and shut like a goldfish. But somehow, (it could be how he stresses his words) I'd often snap out of it, just in time to hear the most significant part of his speech.

Is this what the learned ones call 'selective listening'? I'm sure this skill is part of the Instinctive Survival Guide for Mothers With Kids with Motormouths, yet to be published of course.

When I catch the crux of his speech, I often slap remind myself to LISTEN to him more, lest I miss the sweetest thing a boy can say. Take this soliloquy as an example:

Mahmee, when I grow up

I want to be an astronaut..no.. no.. I want to be an acrobat ..
yada yada yada yada yada

Papah will come see me yada yada yada yada

poot poot pott and ah mah, and gong gong yak yak yak yak.pak pak pak..

THANK YOU FOR BEING MY BEST FRIEND, Mahmee!

See, I didn't miss the crucial part? Yeah! Of course, selfishly speaking. So this post shall serve as a reminder to myself to ..



....teach him be more succinct? Bwahahaha!

Ok ok.. I shall try to be all ears to Gooly. Stop the killer stares now, won't ya?
But that boy sure can talk, huh? C'mon.. 3 minutes of mental/audio shut down every couple of hours ain't that bad, right?

Karmically speaking, my mom has long endured my yakkity yak nature, and now the baton has been passed on, so to say. So endure to the end, I shall.

4 comments:

tasy said...

That's why it's said, children are here to seek revenge on behalf of our parents. What we did and annoy our parents, now they are here to do the same to us. And our old folks stand beside and smile..

The table will turn around, just wait another 20-30 more years. Oh dear, if he gets a wife who's the same charisma..

The Seasonal One said...

I am also very guilty of that... ha ha

Queen Tulaan said...

Ehh hello, be grateful & happy that u hv a chatterbox of a Gooly. You will be more damn worried if u have a silent child, i tellya!

goolypop said...

gargies, eagle's wings, queen tulan

:O

:)

:P

:D

What a gud way to start off the days, reading comments from you nice ladies..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background