Sunday, August 3, 2008

In retrospect..

In the ten years we have been together, he
a. bought me flowers on two occasions.. only
b. bought a pair of rings and lost one
c. doesn't remember our anniversary, my birthday and valentine's occasionally
d. still doesn't fancy what I cook
e. stopped buying presents for all the above mentioned occasions since 9 years ago
f. doesn't hold my hand anymore
g. doesn't buy me chocolates, not even once
h. calls me OI
i. says nasty things when provoked
j. looks lovingly at his arowanas, and doesn't realize I have a new haircut
k. wants me to wake at 6 to prepare breakfast cos he knows I hate waking early

Meanwhile, I:
a. am glad I received his bouquets only twice. I think flowers are not flowers without roots
b. don't fret about lost things. We can buy another when we remember
c. forget our anniversary, his birthday and valentine's
d. don't fancy what I cook
e. have his atm card to buy anything, anytime
f. hold his son's hand instead
g. am the only human who thinks chocs are sticky, yucky and gross. Gimme durian anytime, even ersatz types
h. call him EH
i. forget what he says when it's ought to be forgotten
j. is not about to get jealous over some FISHES
k. wake when awoken by Gooly and prepare Gooly's brekkie only, and my coffee, of course

Thus we are an odd couple. There are no diamonds, no flowers, no chocs in our marriage. There are fights which last for 24 hours max. There are things I hate about him. There are things he cannot stand about me. And yet we remain who we are the day we met. Of course, there was fine tuning here and there (nothing major) to welcome the additional member to the family in 2005.

Is there love? Must be.. love and more. There is no need to list the 'more', cos I .. cos I.. heck, I admit, I have no idea. If I knew, wouldn't I have published a book? Maybe that's what works in our marriage. We are two clueless people, and thus there is no expectations of each other. There is just ... the will to make it right, to make everything works. For gooly, for ourselves...

Happy anniversary, Mr. James. Yes, I know, it was last month. Wakakakkakaka!

Edited side note: Do we love more when we remember? Do we love less when we don't? Can love be quantified? Yes for those who knows how to. You probably should know that numbers bore and frighten me. And therefore, love is love is love to me, no more, no less. Let's keep it simple or am I confusing you? ;)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

clueless people are the best...
not too demanding and not looking at things with a microscope all the time.. happy for you both.. look forward to the next report....in 10 years time... he he

Reanaclaire said...

u know what? i really love to read yr blogs, they r so funny, hilarious and yet so true..so real.. its like i m really there, in yr situation.. marriage is no bed of roses but when God draws both of u together, it is a bonding where both of u will go through this journey of life.. together, for better and best..( i wont say for better or worse)...lets be optimistic, ok?

goolypop said...

BBH- kamsia.. *wipe wipe tears* very syiok words from u

Claire - tor che *blow nose*

Ok drama finished. Lets 38 again!
Should I cook the arowanas? :P

rainbow angeles said...

liddat i not suitable for marriage liao.. i wanna be sexy and lormantik eveliday.. how? heeeee...

happy belated anniversary, mr. james and miss cheeky!! ;-)

goolypop said...

angeles, u r not suited to kawin me onli.. and remember, i am the odd one ;)

Thanks for the wish :)

mistipurple said...

that's what makes love last. i am not good for marriage, like my char bor kiah. :p

goolypop said...

Misti, too early to say lar.. for you, chaborsoon, and me.. who knows what will happen tomorrow? ;)

Raynebow said...

Love transcends everything la...hehe! Even if u steam his arowana, no prob... he'll probably get another one pronto.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background