Friday, August 29, 2008

Nosy

Me.. yup.. nosy nosy Mahmee. Lemme tell you how nosy I am:

~ I stay back at Little Gym so I can see if he could do the backward somersault.

~ I steal awkward glances at him to spy what he is doing when I read, blog, chat, dig nose or day dream

~ I ask him what his papah talk to him about during those solo 7-eleven trips

~ I interrogate him on his monologues banters with new-found friends

Eh, did you notice that I am referring to Gooly? So don't fret-lah, I am not nosy towards other people. Anyways, it has always been easy to act nosy on him until.. today. It was his first Sunday class at the church, and geee.. hmm.. wow! He went in, said good bye, no fuss, no tears.

Grrreat *sarcastically*! He told him he needed me to sleep just yesterday night and today he went solo, without even giving a glance back at me. How could he.. *thumps chest softly*

Ok.. so Mahmee has separation anxiety more than the kid himself. And Mahmee also tends to exaggerate. :P However, the fact remains that she feels immensely proud of the little boy who, who grew up oh so suddenly.

I watched him crawl, walk, run, talk with words, sentences and then non-stop, ride a tricyle and then a bicycle; every milstone, every success. I was expecting him to cling on to me when the moment comes to force him to understand that we are two separate entities, not one... but he didn't do what other kids generally do. He handled it pretty well, I must say. And which idiot didn't? *points finger at chest* This mahmee la... aiseh.. I suppose I feel that I am missing the link some where.. as though I have missed the transition of a baby to a boy. Sadistic Mahmee wants him to cry his eyes out, eh? *gasps*

But all's well that ends well. He came out of class happy and merry, and I went on my usual modus operandi of interrogation; "What did you do? Did you sing? Did you have fun? bla bla bla.."

He is still willing to impart his experiences for now.. but someday when my questions turn to,"Did you hold her hand? Do you think you love her?" I know, he will say I am nosy and annoying

And I will know then he is no longer a boy, but a man. And I'd lament, "but.. but.. but.. he was just a boy yesterday.. and now he is a full-grown man! How can.. how can.." *chest pounding action again* The history will repeat itself for Nosy Dramatic Mahmee, I tell ya!

How?

4 comments:

Center Parted said...

Oh DEAR! I think I'm just as guilty of being nosey... to the point of hovering too near my dinosaurs!!

(Mental note to self -- give them some breathing space! ha ha )

PureGlutton said...

As he grows up, there will be many more instances when u will feel this "alienation", believe me! But then, hoh... yr kid will always be your "baby" no matter at what age, hehe! Tats wat i always tell LL - don't care - i just ignore his grimaces!

goolypop said...

center parted.. yikes! Is it nosey or nosy? The spelling, i mean.. British vs. Amrican?

Oh well.. mental note to self too--use spell checks! And yes.. some space for gooly.. haha.. that too! :)

goolypop said...

Pureglutton- want to singsong not? Always Be my Babe- Meriah Curry..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background