Thursday, August 14, 2008

Saccharine Sweet

After bathing Gooly, I would usually wrap him up and squeeze him dry. Sometimes I drape the towel around his face because he looks more babyish like that. And we look into each other's eyes, me trying to memorise the glint in his eyes, and him.. I don't know what goes thru his mind. But, it's something hilarious, I am almost sure because he falls into fits of laughter, breaking the silent connection our eyes bear.

Then he cups my face and says, "You are sooo preeety, Mahmee.."

Ah.. such saccharine words and action from my boy. I am so high on sugar now. My first love, my first kiss, I have quite forgotten. But "You are sooo preeeety, Mahmee..", I will remember these lies words for life. Only 1000 plus days I have spent with him and I have received more than 1000 greater than great memories. Thank you God, for little him. : )

8 comments:

rainbow angeles said...

hou lummmm ah..

Queen Tulaan said...

I miss the times when my little prince said tat to me. Nowadays he says "mommm... u sure u wanna wear that??"

goolypop said...

Yes angeles, hoe tiap tohng ah.. Slurps slurps.

goolypop said...

Queen Tulaan, ask your army to lock him up lar!

Reanaclaire said...

aww..my kids never say i m pretty before eh.. perhaps i cant remember or i hv never been pretty in their eyes before.. what i can recall now is that they said i m a cool mum, who knows how to chat online, blog, use frienster, icq, emails........ :)
howberthen...

Anonymous said...

Sigh...I love those cupping my face and looking straight into my eyes moments too :)

So far, he's only managed, "Mummy not smelly. Smell nice!" when I insist I need to take my bath!

Will wait for the "You're so pretty!" LOL

goolypop said...

claire.. cool, pretty.. anything from thier mouth, we also fly in the air, korek not?

goolypop said...

Kittycat.. :) So sweet hor..

Start singing the song.. You're beautifoool.. you're beautifooool, it's true.. Forgot the singer. Than he will learn faster :P

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background