Tuesday, August 19, 2008

No More Ear Pollution

I was watching Oprah just now. Usually I don't watch TV.. sometimes it's weeks in a row that I don't plunk my derriere on the couch. But when I start on my DVD marathon, it's scary how my heavy asset gets Uhu-ed there. But that's another story.

So what's on Oprah? Apparently there is this campaign or call it a challenge, where individuals pledge not to complain about anything for 21 days. You wear a bracelet, and when you find yourself complaining, you will have to remove the bracelet and place it at the other wrist and start counting the days all over. Read details here.

It's not easy lor. It's dumb lor.. See.. not even a minute, and I had complained :P

So why do we need to stop complaining? They say it's some sort of anger-management, and also people complain for the sake of complaining. We complain about things that are beyond our control, i.e weather; too hot, too cold, too stuffy, too rainy. We complain about little things i.e why my Milo is cold when I ordered it hot? And then when things involve a cockroach and coffee, we don't just complain, we threaten to sue..

Are you one of them? Teehee..

What's interesting is an adult takes an average of 5 months to stray away from complaints. And children can easily adapt to the system of no complaints within a month. Hey, I thought kids are champion whiners. *whisper* Is this considered a complaint?

Am I up for the challenge? Nah.. someone once told me, don't sweat the small stuff and I have ever since lived by that rule. I don't mind other people taking up the challenge though. In US alone, about a million have taken the pledge. So less noise pollution there. Woohoo!

You know, if you decided to take the pledge, doesn't that mean that you are complaining about yourself complaining too much? *grin*

8 comments:

tasy said...

Though a bit ridiculous at it sounds, I think it might be a good idea to try that.. hmm..it's good practice to make people appreciate life more, practice makes perfect.

Should we all try?

(damn! my boss saw me blog hopping again and not working, why is he always over my shoulder!)

Anonymous said...

ohhhh i so likey the last line

rainbow angeles said...

is there such a thing called "rethorical complaint" ah? just complain or rant? liddat oso kenot ah? :P

ok ok... i also got do some mental awareness to TRY not to complain too much... but sometimes i ter-miss...

actually i also dun like ppl who complain alot... oops.. how? means i dun like myself too? *thinks hard*

goolypop said...

Gargies.. cheh, the boss and the hantu is u also ma.. :P kakakka.

U wear rubberband lar. Same one, no nid bracelet. Tell me how long u can stand not complaining, hoe moe?

goolypop said...

Hi ksin.. :) I know.. I am a confused wreck..

goolypop said...

Angeles, I dunno wor but i know i like u ;)

tasy said...

aiks! how u know the boss and ghost also same person? so panai...

i think if i wear a rubber band and keep changing from one hand to another, my kids will start to think it's a new fashion statement.

but... maybe will look into this idea one day, when i'm done with enough procrastination.

goolypop said...

Hoe yeh.. gargies becum guinea pig! But first have to define wat is a complaint lar hor? If we ngam ngam cham cham and not do anything about it, it's a complaint. eg. say sai is hard and not eat vege. If we kenot control and stil want to bitch about it, it's complaint. Wat else to add?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background