Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Aiya.. not all of them are rotten apples

I realised I have done injustice to the kingdom of smiles when I blatantly wrote about unpleasant encounters with the locals, or have I not? Haiz..Flagrantly amnesiac these days. Cannot remember if I posted my ramblings pertaining to uncouth locals here, or at the other blog or to myself or to unwilling listeners, or worse, Gooly's imaginary buddies.

Anyways, I must always remind myself not to generalize. Not all Thais are _____ (fill in blank. I wish not to digress), some are really nice.

Heheh.. of course something happened lar for this change of opinion.

OK, it's like this. Amnesiac me left Gooly's swimming vest by the pool and someone made a property out of it. *exhale inhale exhale inhale* It's a vest which doesn't cut the armpits like the ordinary ones. And getting a new one here would cost an extra Rm20, and so I stinged and stayed away from the pool for a while. One of the regulars noticed the absence and asked why. I briefly told him about the loss. And today, he honked us on his way back from work, and told us his son has outgrown the exact same type of vest and would we mind getting a second hand?

NO! I almost yelled jubilantly. So nice hor? Are you jeles yet? :P I *heart* Thais (some, not all )

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps u prayed to God and He answered yr prayer? haha.. anyway, take it as a lesson lo..we unintentionally do 'wrong' things and it ends up 'righting' us eventually...
so now both of u back to the pool yet?? splash..splash...

goolypop said...

Oh yes.. God and his mysterious ways :)
Now raining everyday.. so no splashing action yet. Waiting for dark clouds to clear : )

Anonymous said...

whether nice people or not, they all seems to know black magic and voodoo....er..thai people, veli nice ....

goolypop said...

BBH, ooo.. u know also huh.Esp those gem stores.. alot of pukau case.

Raynebow said...

Yeah...pukau pukau! Beware of the innocent-looking-kernian tuk-tuk uncle, or the no-nonsense very serious-lookin palace official - they are all out to pukau u to their commissioned gemstone shop - I so almost-kena by them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background