Saturday, September 14, 2013

she chats now

A little awhile ago. As soon as she hits 2, everyone wondered where her speaking skill went hiding. Maybe I talk a lot, gooly did also at 2 (still does now) and when all Lolly could muster was aboodabidoo, people were puzzled. Ok when I said people, I meant the man in the house - papah, who was expecting a 2 yr old orator. He, who uses huh and hmmmm interchangibly in every needed response. In a situation which warrants it, he will even remain silent or perhaps a grunt. Serious vocabulary limitation he has.

But I wasnt worried the least cos I mean, I talk a lot - to her, to myself, imaginery animals, inanimate objects (if you, pucking lego stab my toes to total numbness again, I will bring out the ipad and tou will be obsolete,  y'hear that?!).. so its just a matter of time she will open her larynx ...to the point of no return, if I dare say. Her father has no impact in this department cos a dorminant gene is a dominant gene.

Always trust a mother's instinct. True to my words and guts, she has began to speak with no brake facility.

Her voice is still stitch -like. Cute maxsimus.

Oh my goush! She uses that expression in mock exasperation. Life is full of drama.

I was quite surprised that she describes things aptly like a gregarious monster. Kiddding!!! Got you there! What the heck is gregarious?  She just used the word 'giant' which is impressive for some one who could only say "uhuk" for milk. She couldnt even say the universal nenen ok..?

Out of nowhere she is also saying, somefink happened. Like something happened thats why the lorryman was late. And somefink also happened cos the living room is in a mess. That somefink has nothing to do with her, her face seems to tell.

"I cant reach" the switch, the book, the toy and oh the chocolate mummy deliberately hides at the topmost cupboard in the attic, she says while tiptoe-ing.

There are many "I dont laikes".

I dont laike this wan.

I dont laike that wan.

I dont laike chye.

I dont like you.

Dont even let me start with NO.

But just for the heck of it, just one example.

NO! I DUN WAN WEAR PANTS.

One more - NO! I dont say sorry even if I hit korkor after snatching the toy which was his!

My lolly pop.  Turning quite a chatter box. Yay! I dont have to talk to the mirror anymore!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background