Monday, June 9, 2008

A-Z words of encouragement

In a day, I would have to high-five or say 'wow' about a gazillion times. How can I not do so when I watch him draw with earnest attention (tongue sticking out at the corner of his mouth kind of concentration). It will be something that resembles some cerebral parts which turns out to be a car with 3 wheels actually. But way to go, son. And there will be several attempts to sommersault which always start with, "Mamah, look, watch me, Mamah!"

Sometimes he doesn't try hard enough ie. when he refused to try eating the peas. After much cajoling, he'd take a bite and immediately declare that he WILL NOT like it forever.I'd still say, 'thanks for trying" not sarcastically, but really, at least he tried.

There are many kind words to a child. I don't fathom how one can make a child walk away feeling defeated or the spirit dampened. There are so many encouraging words. Look:
A- awesome
B- brilliant, bravo
C- cool, clever boi/gurl
D- do it again!doesn't matter (that your friend could jump higher)
E- excellent
F- fuyoh, fulamak, fine
G- great, good job, gau gau
H- how did you think of that?, high-five! (corny as it may be), hoe yeh
I- interesting, I like it
J- jolly good
k- kind of you to do that, kick ass (when older :P )
L- look at you!
M- marvelous
N- neat, nice
O- oh wow, one more!
P- perfect, proud of you, powerful, panai
Q- (help me with this one)
R- really _______ (fill in blank)
S- superb, special
T- thanks for trying, terrific, two thumbs up, try again
U- unique
V- very _________
W- wahlau, wow, wuah, way to go
X- extremely ______
Y- you are _____, YEAH! yahoo! You made it!
Z- zazing! (I made that up, like zazing!yummy :D )

Yes, there are loads of words to use. Why stick to one, which will be so boring for you and even the kid. Go ahead. Cheer them on with more words. We mothers are supposed to be the GREATEST cheerleaders afterall. Gotta get one of those pompoms. :D Not so sure about the outfit, though.. :P

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its strange how we all seems to do about the same thing. For me is the: praise and encourage. Encourage and praise rule. And of course, a lot of thank you's. And thank you's comes with a hug too. It works really well.

goolypop said...

Hi brighty, thanks for that comforting comment. And thanks for not judging me based on the other siau siau blog :P You know la, we play so many roles in life, hence playing mum is not the same as playing wife or the crazy friend who has 'colourful' vocab. A hug to ur girlie who is fortunate to have a nice mom like u. : )

tasy said...

Q = Q keng! / Q sai lai! (maybe for later use when they are bigger, right?)

I like this post. Must share that out with my mommy friends.

goolypop said...

Gargies - wuah.. hoe yeh wor. Like dat also can think. I was thinking queer.. haha! So insulting hor?

tasy said...

Is this my first comment? Wow.. we both went from hakhei words to 38 komens in less than... how many days? (take out kalkulator out now)

(just to "stamp" another mark here for "remembrance" sake)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background