Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Pool stories

Gooly and I resumed our swimming activity after a short break. We went to the pool and met another father/son squad.

Dad threw boy into the adult pool without a float. Next he threw in a stone. Kaploink! Jr. dunked his head under to search for it.

I am equally amazed and appalled because Jr. is only three. Gooly is three too and he swims with an unsinkable float. Sometimes I get him to use the kicking board to for extra safety measure. I am always at arm's length within his reach.

Meanwhile, the man swims away from Jr. who is left alone at the ADULT pool. I couldn't bear to stay in case I witness my first drowning misadventure of a child, whose dad was probably too gung ho about the upcoming Olympic Games.

Here's news to dad - there is no Under 3 event.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background